Friday, January 20, 2006

Seriously...Come On...Are You Kidding Me?

And to cap off this ridiculous week, all staff who took advantage of the district's new direct payroll deposit system were urged to come to the office to read an important notice. It seems that none of our checks made it to their designated accounts in the usual "timely" fashion. With any luck they will leave the nether world of cyberspace and magically appear around midnight tonight, but it seems more reasonable to assume that they will land sometime on Monday. 'Cuz we're teachers and we all make so much darn money that one paycheck that's lost it's way won't really matter.

Here's how I'm handling it:




If you need me, I'll be huddled in the corner, rocking semi-rhythmically and smeared in the sweet stuff. Approach at your own risk.

SA

3 comments:

missemilysmom said...

Way!! Know your pain!! Not happy!! So I rearranged my knitting area and thought about buying yarn and things... Then realized I couldn't!!

mrichme said...

Sheepish,

Knowing how schools work they will probably blame the employees for not filling out something out correctly. I'm glad to see that you went with the Grade A material and not resort to the cheap stuff.

Sheepish Annie said...

I have always ascribed to the belief that if you are going to spend money you don't have you might as well go into debt over the finer things.