Monday, January 02, 2006

Back to work...sigh!

The last day of vacation is always a weird one. You're still on "break" but you're in "work mode." The whole day is spent thinking in terms of "this time tomorrow I'll be..." and you rush about like a hamster on crack trying to get everything done so you don't have to try and do it while you stumble back into the work force.

This was a pleasant holiday vacation, though. And productive too, I must say. The X-mas knitting was finished well in time for gift-giving and I started some nice little projects for my most favoritest person: moi! The Sweater of Shame has been worked to the point where I can separate for the fronts and back:




I had hoped to work on it more last night, but whenever the urge overtook me there was a cat napping right on the magazine containing the pattern. The punishment for disturbing them is far worse than having to wait on knitting so I turned my thoughts toward other projects:


One skein of the lincoln/metallic spun and ready for the swift! I'm finding that I have more slubs and burbles in this than I would have liked, but I finally decided that there is a time to let the wool do what it wants. Once I remembered that this will be combined with two other yarns for the project I have in mind, I realized that inconsistencies won't really matter all that much and will add to the texture. At least that is what I am telling myself...


I also spent some time working on the Son of Skinny Scarf. I found some cool wooden beads that I want to try on the fringies. They may be a bit too heavy, but I'm gonna give it a shot! Persephone, not content with just sabotaging work on the sweater, took time out of her busy napping-on-the-pattern schedule to investigate the photo shoot.

Now it's off to get the lunches made, clothing ironed, and socks located so that I can trundle into school tomorrow ready to mold the minds of America's future! I'm tired already...

SA

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

If the cats allow me to make another sweater I can do it...they are really having issues with this!!!

missemilysmom said...

Where did you get the sweater pattern?? You need to show me it!! Love it!!

missemilysmom said...

PS I will see you tomorrow... I will be dragging myself in as well!