Monday, January 02, 2006

Back to work...sigh!

The last day of vacation is always a weird one. You're still on "break" but you're in "work mode." The whole day is spent thinking in terms of "this time tomorrow I'll be..." and you rush about like a hamster on crack trying to get everything done so you don't have to try and do it while you stumble back into the work force.

This was a pleasant holiday vacation, though. And productive too, I must say. The X-mas knitting was finished well in time for gift-giving and I started some nice little projects for my most favoritest person: moi! The Sweater of Shame has been worked to the point where I can separate for the fronts and back:




I had hoped to work on it more last night, but whenever the urge overtook me there was a cat napping right on the magazine containing the pattern. The punishment for disturbing them is far worse than having to wait on knitting so I turned my thoughts toward other projects:


One skein of the lincoln/metallic spun and ready for the swift! I'm finding that I have more slubs and burbles in this than I would have liked, but I finally decided that there is a time to let the wool do what it wants. Once I remembered that this will be combined with two other yarns for the project I have in mind, I realized that inconsistencies won't really matter all that much and will add to the texture. At least that is what I am telling myself...


I also spent some time working on the Son of Skinny Scarf. I found some cool wooden beads that I want to try on the fringies. They may be a bit too heavy, but I'm gonna give it a shot! Persephone, not content with just sabotaging work on the sweater, took time out of her busy napping-on-the-pattern schedule to investigate the photo shoot.

Now it's off to get the lunches made, clothing ironed, and socks located so that I can trundle into school tomorrow ready to mold the minds of America's future! I'm tired already...

SA

4 comments:

camadsmom said...

I Love how Persephone and Desdimona always find there way into your pictures. When your done with your sweater will you make me one?

Sheepish Annie said...

If the cats allow me to make another sweater I can do it...they are really having issues with this!!!

missemilysmom said...

Where did you get the sweater pattern?? You need to show me it!! Love it!!

missemilysmom said...

PS I will see you tomorrow... I will be dragging myself in as well!