Friday, January 20, 2006

Looooooooooong Day!!!

OK, this was my Thursday:
Left the house at 6:45 am to head down to Rochester NH for day two of my TCI Training. (that's Therapeutic Crisis Intervention for those of you who live normal lives and don't get kicked in the shins on a semi-regular basis);

Missed the same damn turn that I missed last week once in Rochester and got to take the same tour of the lovely little town all over again...nothing had changed;

Sat through 5 1/2 hours of lecture, then another hour of physical intervention training;

Knit alot;

Checked messages at my office for job 2 in the futile hope that tonight's supervised visit was cancelled...it was not...more on that in a minute;

Drove from Rochester, NH to Portland, ME only to find that the family was not at home;

Sat in the cold waiting;

Family finally arrived and I supervised the visit until 7:00 pm;

Drove back to my own little neck of the woods about 30 minutes away from the visit and hit the grocery store to purchase supplies for tomorrow's cooking class with the little darlings;

Wondered why I was so ding-dong dizzy and realized that I had neglected to eat anything other than cherry tomatoes and cheese today;

Purchased a sandwich;

Arrived home at 8:00 pm, put on my pretty pink pj's that I got on clearance at Victoria's Secret last week (relax, people...they're flannel for crying out loud), scarfed down my sandwich, fed the cats and proceeded to slip into a coma

Thank God for TV...

Suffice it to say, there will be no knitting or spinning tonight. I can't seem to recall my own name at this point. I shudder to think what might happen to anything requiring anything other than autonomic brain functions. (inhaling, exhaling, pulse, etc.)

Next week will be better. I work for a small agency just outside of Portland and we generally do the work that other agencies contracted with the Department of Health and Human Services can't take on at the moment. We also do some private-pay work with families in crisis. However, there has been some contract restructuring and most of our families are being transferred to the predominant agency in this area. This, I learned today, includes my Thursday night family. I view this with mixed feelings. On one hand, I like my work and we really do make connections with families. However, I have been feeling a bit squeezed for time of late and have been wanting to have one night per week that doesn't either involve rushing home to complete the dreaded workout or rushing off to various locales in the state to earn a little extra Ebay money. Next Thursday, I will have that night. I will still have to go to day three of the training, but after that, it's a night off for The Sheep. Of course, I have a dentist appointment the next day so I'll have to pencil in a nervous break-down at some point, but I'm sure that I'll have plenty of time.

So, that's it for tonight. I'm plumb tuckered, needin' to prepare myself for tomorrow's reconstruction of the classroom after my day away from the student's and I'm gonna watch some CSI. I like the fact that there are people on that show who have had way worse days than mine...cuz they're dead 'n all...

zzzzzzzzz....

SA

3 comments:

mrichme said...

Sheepish,

I was thinking I was the only one who felt like it was a looooooooong day but after reading yours I realized that we both had days that we will want to forget as quick as we can. Mine involved 7 hours rebuilding the school database program, that I just finished a few minutes ago. I won't get into the specifics here but I can truly understand where you're coming from.

Just think tomorrow is Friday and the weekend will be here.

knitannie said...

typing one handed so limited punctuation.... csi is such good knitting tv. what's your favourite csi flavour? mine's "vanilla" (vegas) although i am partial to some NY.

Amie said...

Welcome to the Spinning Wheel!