Thursday, January 12, 2006

OK, We Have A Plan!

After casting on several scarfy-type projects to take with me to tomorrow's workshop, I think I've got a winner. None of the lacy-shmacy ones were going to work as they simply required too much attention to detail. With the February break coming up, that may be a challenge to undertake when I have endless hours to do nothing but knit. I have apparently decided to buy my dentist a boat...or his daughter a semester of college. There will be no tropical vacations this year, I fear. But gosh 'n golly my teeth will be all fixed.

This workshop (which encompasses three more weekly sessions) will begin with a good old "Curly-Whirly." You know, the scarf that twists up on itself like when Jessie James is shearing some wicked metal on "Monster Garage?" I can do the basic shaping tonight at home then it will be just straight-up garter stitch for the remainder of the pattern. As a bonus, it is knit side to side rather that up 'n down so I can do it on circulars. This means that I won't forget to bring the other needle. Yes, I have done that on several occasions. It's disconcerting to those around me to listen to the bad, bad words coming from the mean lady.

The pattern is one I found on a long-since-forgotten blog. I'll knit it up, make sure that it works, then post with profound apologies to whomever I have pilfered it from.

The long weekend awaits...I just have to get through this workshop, then a 2 and a half hour parenting education session for job #2 and it's all cartoons and naps till Tuesday!

Smile, tomorrow is Friday!!!
SA

3 comments:

Shawn T Lippert said...

Thank you for the informative blog
Here Is some additional
Cell Phone Games Resources for most Cell Phones if you or your readers are interested.

mrichme said...

Sheepish,

You got spammmed

Sheepish Annie said...

*&#$%!!!!!!!