Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wednesday...We'll Do Some "Follow-ups."

Nothing new here in Sheepland. The Sheep is still safely ensconced in her rut with no FOs to show nor new stuff to report. Thus, she elects to follow up on tales past.

Regarding The Last Post: I agree wholeheartedly with all the commenters who stated that they would not want to live through the 6th grade again! Yikes!! And yet, I marvel at the strength of character it takes for a scorned girl to return to the scene of her humiliation. She did and with her head held high. Yay, girls!

Last Friday's Commute To Job #2: It seems that the reported "funnel cloud" was, in fact, a tornado. And it did a respectable amount of damage in the town where I teach. The 30 car pileup that I managed to avoid while dodging death by whirling winds was the result of excessive speed. People are stupid. Fortunately, none of them are dead and stupid. Injuries were minimal. And if you'd seen this mess, you'd be as surprised as I am. In addition to all this, it seems that we are now having earthquakes in the northern part of the state. Make your peace, people. The earth is doing some very funky and unheard of things up here!!

The Truck: For reasons known only to itself, it has decided to cut me some slack and turn off the engine light. Frankly, given that it is still not exactly purring like a kitten, I suspect that it gave up any hopes of my attending to it's needs and is currently just biding it's time. There will probably be some form of retribution for my lack of nurturing and I think it will probably occur in front of the cute guy in the sportscar.

School Pictures: Heh, heh...I've managed to locate a couple of your addresses thanks to some mailings. Is it you? Only time will tell. I will unload these things if its the last thing I do!!!

The Sock And The Cat:




Still kinda big...but pretty so its OK
With any luck, something new and exciting will happen in the next few days and give me some new material. Don't get me wrong. I'm not asking for boils or a bad hair day. But "smooth sailing" does not for good blogging make. And the likelihood of an FO is slim at this juncture.
Who knew that Sheep could be so mundane???
SA

11 comments:

Sheila said...

Your sock is pretty. It could be your PMS sock...you know- when everything else is a little snug, you can slide on your socks and feel slim.
I can't wait to get my dishcloth!! In an effort to trim our expenses, I have decided to let our cleaning help go, so I'll be putting that cloth to work right away.

Anonymous said...

Your sock looks great!!
I saw on the news about the earthquake. Strange stuff for sure!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

sheep#100 said...

You and me both - waiting for stuff to happen.

April said...

Embellish. Exaggerate. Adopt strange animals. Post women seeking men ads on craigslist. Move next door to a convicted felon. Sign up for National Novel Writing Month.

Blog fodder, it's everywhere.

Teri S. said...

Very nice sock and from the photo, it looks like it's a perfect fit! A tornado and an earthquake all in the space of few days? In Maine? Yet another sign that the world is going to hell in a handbasket...

At least you have Persephone and a lovely green sock!

Lorraine said...

I like your sock and your kitty. Is that an adoring look or what?

Anonymous said...

Your sock looks great! And your blog couldn't be boring even if you tried to make it that way. But I know what you're talking about. It's easier to blog if something is going on.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't ignore the truck's pleas for service Sheep. Sometimes the light does go off but not because the problem is no longer there. Could be serious, you need reliable, not iffy, when driving. Take care. G

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're OK. I sense a feature film in there, what with the earthquake, the tornado, the car pileup...were there any cute moviestars lurking at the side of the road during the accident?

You could make up some stories for us with these elements. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just stumbled onto your blog from another knitblog - amazing how you can go from here to wherever! I'm another Southern Maine knitblogger - just wanted to say hi and I like your site!

Hannah said...

Luckily, even when nothing is happening, you keep us all entertained with your "mundane" life posts!