Monday, October 23, 2006

Let The Healing Begin!

"Twas a busy day for The Sheep. My Hysterical Mind continues to obsess over our new rash which appeared after a reaction to the adhesive on the cheap bandages which I so carelessly applied to my torso. HM remains convinced, despite all evidence to the contrary, that we have a flesh eating bacteria and no amount of logic thrown at it by my brain's better half, Rational Mind, will sway it.

I spent the day of listening to them bicker back and forth, HM inventing symptoms and statistics from the Center For Disease Control that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that we need to write a Living Will within the next ten minutes and RM shaking it's head sadly while pointing out that the rash is clearly subsiding. It was sort of hard to concentrate...

I finally decided to distract Hysterical Mind with a flu shot. These are covered fully under my school's health plan if you use their clinic and it seemed like a good idea with or without the need to distract over-reacting brain cells. There is nothing HM loves more than medical procedures, no matter how minor. It gets all giddy at the thought of possible medical malpractice or random infections. Plus we got all kinds of cool literature outlining potential side effects and what to do should any of these symptoms manifest themselves. This should keep the little feller occupied for a few hours so Rational Mind and I can take a break.

I came home to a flashing light on the answering machine and a little piece of good news. One that should shut up Hysterical Mind for the foreseeable future. The x-ray results are in and, drum roll pu-leeeeeze:

I no longer have pneumonia!

Hey, it may have taken me five months, but I finally got a clear chest x-ray. There has been healing of epic proportions over here at the Sheep household, lemme tellya! My Rational Mind, who has been championing our slow but steady road to recovery, is feeling quite vindicated at the moment.

In celebration, I decided to take another picture of the Feather And Fan Scarf. There was to be one yesterday, but I inadvertently deleted it before saving it to the computer and I was too tuckered out from all the rash-obsessing and sock-knitting to take another. So here it is, in all it's glory:




Its got feathers, its got fans...its got more than a few errors, but we're just going to ignore those for the moment.
So Hysterical Mind, Rational Mind and the Sheep who houses them are all pleasantly occupied this evening. There is some disturbing reading material for one, a clean bill of lung health for another and some knitted goodness for the latter.
Gotta keep everybody happy...
SA

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. on the clean lung report, you must be so relieved!!! The knitting is looking pretty pristine too.

Huggs, G

PS I hope this goes through, Blogger wouldn't let me leave an earlier comment on your blog today. Bad Blogger!!!!

This Weary Traveler said...

Clean lungs hooray! Aveno moisturizer. The kind with the oatmeal and a little something akin to topical lidocaine. It really works on the rash. I personally have a back ache that could be from a) working on cold, hard concrete for 10 hours this weekend lifting stuff over my head or b) lung cancer. If my HM and your HM ever meet, we could end up sharing a padded room in a "facility". I think it might be a good thing that we live halfway across the country from each other. When I started out in the health insurance business, I paid claims. I couldn't read a set of physician's notes with out being pretty sure I had the same symptoms even when the diagnosis was something like, "gunshot wound".

sheep#100 said...

Hey, HM, did ya hear about the scrapies disease that sheep can contract??? Huh??

Great news on the chest x-ray, O Sheepish One!

laurie in maine said...

Hope your RM can convince your HM flu shot side effects will not give ya' Monkey Pox. Scary stuff in that fine print of "may cause..."
Just saying.

April said...

Good news on the gunk free lungs! And I didn't even have to give you a shot in your hamstring.

Leland and Stanton say "baaaaa."

Anonymous said...

Hooray for clean lungs!

Anonymous said...

I watched my poor daughter fighting with pneumonia this last summer. She did what she needed to do to get better( as in coperated with me when I gave her meds and made her drink tons of water), inspite of only being 6, and is ok now. But it is miserable and scary.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm officially hating blogger - I had a very witty comment, all written, and it dumped it!
Oh well! Congrats on the lungs, the scarf, and keeping that voice quiet!

Anonymous said...

Happy Day!! Glad to hear that you are breathing freely.
The scarf looks perfect to me. Love the yarn color. What kind of yarn are you using?
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

Sheila said...

Glad your lungs are clear, Sheep, and the scarf looks devine!

mehitabel said...

Tell ol' HM to calm down and check out sock patterns, instead of obsessing over medical stuff! I break out from most kinds of medical tape, so I always ask for paper tape--no itchies. When I had arthroscopic knee surgery, the incisions healed clean and the tape reaction left scars!!
Oh--remind me to show you pictures of the cat sweater I knitted...on the very large orange cat I made it for!

Mia said...

Gotta love a healthy sheep :-)

Knit on!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're pneumonia-free! And your scarf looks great. That yarn color is very pretty.