Saturday, August 12, 2006

Fair Warning:

Only those with remarkable restraint and self-control need read further. There will be those who, upon seeing what I am about to show, will want to come to my house and take it by whatever means necessary. I envision ninja knitters spinning size 17 circulars like nunchuks. There may be MI5 types repelling from my ceiling on the thinnest threads of laceweight seeking to remove this item by more sophisticated methods. The Fair Isle knitters, always the more sophisticated of the bunch, will approach me on the street, slap my Sheepie face with a hand knit mitten and challenge me to a duel with double points at dawn. And to all-comers, I say this:

I will fight you. To the death, if need be.

You have been warned. If you feel you have the strength of character to resist the urge to try and make this your own, please feast your eyes:







And, if that doesn't do it for ya:



The first skein of the Ewenique Fiber Finn is off the winder, blocked, skeined and under the watchful eye of the kitty guards against possible theft-by-jealous-knitters. This worked up to about a sport weight 2 ply (bordering on DK) and was spun worsted. It is, in real-life, even more stunning than the photos.

We here at Casa De Sheepie take our security very seriously. You can't really tell from the angle of this picture, but the attack cat shown is actually coiled and ready to spring into action at a moments notice.

Honest...

SA

10 comments:

sheep#100 said...

At a moment's notice.

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah, that cat looks pretty scary. :) Your yarn is beautiful! I really love the color.

Sheila said...

I wish my handsun looked like that.
You're threats might be more frightening if they involved spiders trained to descend from their webs onto the heads of the uninvited. The cat is simply too snuggly.

Julie said...

I will slip into your house with the dark, like the Samurai Knitter that I am, and ooze through the shadows...

when you wake in the morning with no handspun, no chocolate, and a cat with a new catnip toy, don't ask ME what happened.

Damn, that's beautiful yarn! KNIT IT UP FOR YOURSELF. Don't do stupid crap like me and start giving gifts. BE SELFISH! (Except I will have stolen this. Be selfish with your next hand-spun.)

Knittymama said...

Yeah, catnip...we're bringing the catnip and a few tuna treats too!

April said...

oh my word, it's GORGEOUS. sheepy, you should be ever so proud.

can i have it?

Anonymous said...

Ooh Ahh. That yarn is stunning. Cute attack cat too.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

laurie in maine said...

Just a good thing you didn't show that before the reracking and pinioning. Could have made it to the get-away jeep and sped off while you were walking!!

(And WHY does blogger make us take the funky word verification eye test using funny jiggley blurry fonts? Was it a u or a v? oops! Taking test again!)

This Weary Traveler said...

It's gorgeous! I'm so impressed.

Hannah said...

Could you please send us the cat's nap schedule so we know when to break in and snag that gorgeous yarn?