Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Orange Cones, Orange Vests, And A Sheep Sees Red!

I fully understand that roads are not immortal beings. They have a limited life span and periodically require maintenance and upkeep. I also am aware of the fact that this may require a bit of inconvenience for the drivers who must travel these roads in order that they might get from point A to point B. I get it. I really do. And I'm generally pretty nonchalant about the whole thing. It is what it is.

But today just about caused me to have some sort of rage induced cerebral event that could have ended in my disassembling a piece of bright yellow construction-type equipment. Or to start flinging orange cones about the roadway with wild abandon while screaming, "I want to go home!!!" over and over.

My commute is a simple one and generally takes about 40 minutes or so. I had a few quick errands to run so I'd factored that in and knew that I could make it back to hearth and home within the usual time frame. This route requires one key right-hand turn that appeared blocked by cones and large pieces of metal. And some power-crazed little man with a flag. Now, it is entirely possible that there was some way around this maze of "stuff," but I certainly couldn't see it. And the mad wavings and gestures of the flag wielder upon seeing my blinker were of no help either. I gave up and went straight, thus, adding another 20 minutes or so to my ride home. I was not happy. Not happy at all. And I shared said unhappiness to an audience of none throughout this detour in a strident tone that echoed tremendously within the confines of my vehicle. I was even a wee bit scared of myself.

Errands were run successfully, though and I did make it home in time to torture myself with the Tuesday workout. That took a bit of the edge off the whole thing. But then there was this:



Skeined and lovely! I am now centered and calm.
I still haven't gotten the true weight of this finished yarn, but I'm pleased with my ability to spin a tad finer. Here's a bit with a penny thrown in for scale:

Even Mr. Lincoln can't seem to look away from the beauty of this yarn!

There is still more left to spin up so I'm afraid that you haven't heard the last of the corriedale. I will try to keep it to a minimum and try to move on to other topics. There are other things in life. I'm sure I can find something else with which to occupy my time and blog space.

I promise. Soon. Honest...

SA

1 comment:

Teri S. said...

I think there are solar flares or something causing traffic problems. My commutes have been worse then ever this week. I try to not let it get to me and mostly I'm successful, but sometimes...well, let it be said that I'm glad I don't carpool. It helps to have some knitting in the car if you are well and truly stuck in traffic.