Tuesday, May 09, 2006

OK, OK!!!!

The Sheep is touched! Thanks to all for your comments and "message received!" I did not attempt to work out today and will take the rest of the week off. We'll review the matter next week. It's just that, once you've managed to take off a significant amount of weight, you tend to be hyper-aware of the "slippery slope" that awaits. Putting it all back takes far less time than taking it off. But, you all are correct: I'm just not ready to start back on the workout routine yet.

I also gave in to the "call of the sock" last night after deciding that knitting should not feel like math homework. It's a hobby, for crying out loud and a Sheep should be knitting whatever she feels like knitting. Hah!!! I did compromise, though. I chose a simple pattern using DK weight yarn that should go quickly. Taking a suggestion from missemilysmom, I am using a shorter dpn's to see if this helps with the wrist clickies. So far, so good...




Desdemona approves!

Persephone is unimpressed and would rather watch the rain...

Speaking of rain, the truck is having yet another hissy fit with regard to the wet. I had successfully managed to quell the shaking and shimmying with a can of dry gas and a few days of sunny weather. Even got the damn engine light to go out. Things were fine today until I decided to gas up. I was down to half a tank and decided that it might be a good idea to keep the tank full given the possibility of water in the works. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I am not in the auto repair field. I lack good judgment with regard to mechanical thingies. The engine light is back on, the truck is bucking and coughing and I am fully centered in my denial place. I cannot deal with this right now. As long as the chariot can get me from point A to point B at this juncture I am calling it, "good." The vibrations are spa-like and probably good for my aching back. Yup...it's all good. Don't even try to tell me otherwise...I won't listen. La-la-la, I can't hear you, life is good, car is good, all is right with my world.

Yeah...I'll get it looked at. Just let me have this little break from reality. It's so peaceful...

SA


1 comment:

sheep#100 said...

Good call, sheep!