Wednesday, May 31, 2006

It's Quiet...

Too quiet. The ants have gone into hiding. There have been no sightings of the hair-attacking wasps. While I envision a plague of locusts hovering over their laptops downloading MapQuest directions to my home, none have made an appearance to date. I don't know if the battle is won or if the insects are simply regrouping for their next attack.

Either way, this Sheep is sleeping with one eye open. They think they are so smart. I am smarter... That or deluded from lack of sleep due to my ongoing vigilance. Either way, things here at the front are settled for the moment.

I took advantage of this cease-fire to knock off a couple more rows on the Jaywalkers. Once again, needle #3 is causing problems and has somehow lost a stitch. Dropped? Inadvertently decreased? Eaten by ants? The world may never know. And I'm not going to waste a bunch of time on this issue. If it doesn't turn up in a cursory exam then I'm just going to toss in an increase and move on as if nothing happened. It's been working for me thus far in my Jaywalker journey and I'm of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" camp.

So, to recap: The Sheep is waging an imaginary war against the insects of the world, is deluded enough to believe she is winning and she has made an error in her knitting. In other words, things are as normal as ever here at Chez Sheep.

It's only a matter of time before I don a tinfoil hat, I just know it.

SA

1 comment:

sheep#100 said...

Easy there, Sheep, the men in the white coats should be there soon. ;o)