Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Cure.

Well, this morning's commute proved to be yet another foray into the wild, wild world of construction-related hell. In an earlier post I referred to a highly strategic right-hand turn that takes me from the world of work to the world of home and rest. Going to work, said right becomes a strategic left. Logical, wouldn't you say? I need that left if I want to earn money and fill my soul with the satisfaction that comes from a job well done and all.

As I and the other commuters approached this magical left, we were faced with a plethora of orange cones placed in what appeared to be a haphazard manner around the roadway. In some cases, they were at least three abreast. Now, The Sheep often has difficulty discerning patterns in this world. Hence, the array of post-its, stitch counters and scrawled notes to self when knitting anything other than a garter stitch scarf. But that is neither here nor there, I suppose. When faced with the Great Cone Scattering of '06, I was simply flummoxed. And judging by the square dance of vehicles prancing about ahead of me I was not the only one. The whole mess was further complicated by our needing to dodge a pickup truck containing some little fellow tossing more cones upon the path just to keep us on our toes. There were a number of helpful sign-holders along the route, each warning us to proceed slowly but offering little in the way of help in finding the appropriate path. We all managed to get through it somehow with our vehicles intact, but our dignity was another story.

I, like so many of my fellow drivers, leave my home around 7:00 in the morning. I am driving along snarfing down my morning coffee and a hastily heated Hot Pocket while trying to find some meaning in my life. Am I really the best person to be challenging with an obstacle course at that point? I say, "nay."

On the more positive side, I have found what I feel may be the cure for the knitting "blahs" that have slithered their way into my fibery world. Nope, it's not a new pattern, technique nor yarn.



It is this.
If I can't find happiness in my creativity then I shall find it elsewhere. And the bottom of a cardboard container is as good as any other spot in my humble opinion.
It's alllllll good!!!
SA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny that you mentioned my friends Ben & Jerry. I had my nose pressed to the glass at Stop & Shop yesterday trying to pick just one flavor. I couldn't pick just one so I walked away. I have had the same problem with yarn lately too.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/