Wednesday, April 05, 2006

There Are Small Victories.

It's not easy being a little kid. Everyone else is bigger and has more power in this world than you. Your shoes have velcro. It's even harder when you're different and you're angry about that. And you don't have the words to tell the adults how you feel. So you tell them in other ways. Loud ways that make it clear you will not be ignored.

The Sheep is sensitive to that. Despite her tendency to go the "humor" place when describing her day, she is really sensitive to that.

So, as much as I'd like to process this very trying day in the classroom, I won't do it here. Suffice it to say, my sensitivity was tested. I passed, but barely.

But I did get one sock finished. I evaluated the wrist situation, realized that the sensible thing to do was put the project aside for a bit until the "clicking" subsided and congratulated myself on my grown-up ways.




This lasted all of ten minutes. Done, Kursed Kitchener Stitch and all!
It's a wee bit short as I seem to have miscalculated the length in my rush to git 'er done, but it fits pretty well. I'll just have to keep the toenails trimmed.
Tonight I am treating myself to a few Cinnamon Yogurt Covered Raisins from Maine Munchies and several hearty slugs of Mountain Dew. I'm feeling like I've earned a little pampering for my labors!
SA

No comments: