Saturday, April 08, 2006

A Girl's Gotta Take Care Of Herself!

Self-care is just so important, dontcha know. Upkeep of hearth, home and snapping joints is a bit more time consuming in one's middle years, but The Sheep is ever-willing to go the extra mile.

I was up bright and early. This was really more due to time-change related insomnia than any commitment to task completion, but I'm still going to take credit. I only drank 3 cups of coffee instead of the usual 5 and headed out to gas up the chariot. Gas prices seem to be on the rise and, as my filling the tank of my stupid SUV seems to be the triggering factor for radical price drops, it seems like my patriotic duty to hit the pumps for Americans everywhere. I'm there for you, people. Honest. I vacuumed a layer of cat hair and yarn snippets from the rug and now the ceiling seems less close to my head. Nice. I then perused my supportive device wardrobe. That's wrist support, not "other stuff "support. I selected an appropriate sock knitting accessory designed for the middle-aged Sheep with clicking wrists:





My hand started to turn a tiny bit blue, but that is a flattering color on me so I was good to go.
I next fortified myself with a bag of Hershy's dark chocolate nuggets with almonds (that's antioxidents and protein as there is nothing more important than your health) and got to work on the second sock. That would be the one that was ripped asunder the other night due to a still mysterious error. This time, all went smoothly and we are well into the second repeat of the cuff pattern.

I took the wrist brace off for the picture. It was tight enough to give my hand a double-chin. This is not a flattering look.

By noon, The Sheep felt that she had given back to the community, her knitting and general nutritional needs enough that she should take a brief respite. Translation: I took a one and a half hour nap. Well, first I ate pizza. That's what, 3 or four of the food groups? Again, be amazed at my strength of character in sticking to my good health habits.

It's still early in the day so I'm sure that there will be more virtuous acts to come. At the moment, I seem to be sidetracked by back to back episodes of "The Real Housewives Of Orange County." But I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I revert back to better living.

Honest.

SA

No comments: