Monday, April 17, 2006

School Vacation: Day 1

Some people use their vacation time to travel to exotic locales, meet interesting people, drink high octane beverages out of coconuts and make memories that they can never share with friends and family being as they are out of character or immoral/illegal. Not The Sheep.

I much prefer "puttering." You know, waking up, thinking about what you feel like doing, making a wildly tight schedule of events then actually doing about three things. Couldn't think of a better way to spend a day!

Today, I decided to head out to Michael's. Once there, I discovered that, while they have a rather impressive supply of needles, there is little if one is seeking something under a size 3. Oh well. I then headed over to the quilting supplies. I found a larger hoop upon which to hook this rug masterpiece/ever-expanding nightmare that I'm working on:





Big enough? Only time will tell...
I also purchased a different type of quilting frame as part of my never-ending experimentation with this craft. As I hook with yarn rather than wool strips I have learned (the painful way) that the gripper strips on regular frames are vicious little yarn-eaters that live to tear out meticulously placed loops that have been worked over a period of months. I'll report out on these test runs later. You know...when I've come up with a way to explain how the disaster that I have caused was all part of the creative process and what I knew was going to happen all along.
I also managed to fit in some coffee-drinking, cartoon-watching, napping and even a workout. The workout was actually not on the schedule for the day, but while I was out I happened to find these:

You can see why the schedule was changed a bit...

Quite a full day and it's only 4:00! I still have hours and hours ahead in which to get in some more "sock-time," and other snacking activities. I was born to be on vacation. Is there anyone out there willing to pay a good salary for The Sheep to put this God-given skill to use?

Anyone?

SA

4 comments:

mrichme said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mrichme said...

Let's try the second edition...

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller....

Does anybody know the answer...
no....it rhymes with no hay...

Sorry Sheepish unless you can write a grant to the Gates or Libra Foundation I don't think you're going to find any takers.

Teri S. said...

Hey! Your idea of a vacation sounds exactly like mine, although we do take the occasional adventure to exotic lands. Enjoy your week of luxurious puttering...it sounds fabulous!

By the way, why does everyone hate Kitchener stitch? I find its rhythm vaguely soothing. That is, until someone interrupts me 'tween needles and I can remember if I'm supposed to be on the front or the back needle.

Annie said...

If you find the person who's willing to pay your salary, can you put in a good word for me too please? My Easter holiday has been a dead loss thanks to a nasty cold - these viruses don't let a little thing like the Atlantic get in their way, do they?
Really like your blog, by the way.