Sunday, April 16, 2006

Shaky Start, But Things Are Looking Up.

The Sheep was a bit concerned regarding the potential "quality" of this spring vacation. Any time you enter into this hallowed week with a viral disturbance it can be something of a disappointment. While I was out of the game yesterday, today was much better. I'm feeling like this might actually be a somewhat productive week.

I made the yearly Easter trek to the 'rent's house to welcome them home from their winter hibernation in the sunny south and to partake in the massive consumption of ham. It was nice to see them again and to touch base with my brother. He shared that he has a number of friends and acquaintances believing that our family eats bunnies on Easter. Ham is better, but makes for a less funny story.

Other than that, I can't say that this has been my most active 48 hours. I am just into the foot portion of sock #2 and hope to have it done in the next day or so.


Of course, the mere thought of the Kitchener Stitch that lies ahead may cause me to work at the proverbial snail's pace...
Tonight I shall sit down and write out the traditional "To-Do" list that I make each time I have a school vacation. Here I list the various things that I want to do, should do and must do. It is a well-intentioned activity and always makes me feel so adult and responsible. Invariably, I then begin veering from the straight and narrow, questioning why society says I have to change my oil every 3,000 miles, substituting less strenuous chores and, finally, losing the list. Then I just go shoe shopping and take a nap.
Vacation...ahhh!
SA

No comments: