Monday, March 13, 2006

And That's Why Your Ipod Should Always Be Charged.

The Sheep arrived home to a darkened condo this evening. "Hmmmm...," quoth she, "something seems to be amiss here!

Given my work hours, I keep lights on a timer. Thus I never have to arrive home to a darkened condo. In theory. At first, I thought it was a simple matter of a burnt-out bulb, but there were several clues to indicate that things might be a tad more complicated. There was a chill in the air and a noticeable absence of sound. Well, there was the frantic scrambling of cat claws on the kitchen floor as they scampered about in apparent distress. I'm no rocket scientist, but I do know a power outage when I sees one!

So, The Sheep performed her Monday salute to fitness in the dark. She pedaled away to nowhere and listened to a tiny AM/FM radio by flashlight. There is a book tucked safely away in the Ipod that would have been delightful listening, but I somehow forgot to charge the thing so that was not an option. As I am somewhat entrenched in my usual routine of TV viewing while working out, the chore seemed even more drudgey than usual. Fortunately the power returned in time for me to catch the last few minutes of "That's Clever" on HGTV and all of "Code Lyoko" on Cartoon Network. (and if you have never seen that little animated gem, I do heartily recommend it...you'll be going, "whaaaaaa???" for days!)

And I did a bit 'o knittin' by flashlight! I've cast on for yet another Stashbuster project. This one is an effort to rid myself of some Peaches and Creme cotton that I've had lying about for literally ten years. Gotta say, this one will be a purely "process" project. The yarn is wrong for the pattern and I just know in my Sheepie little bones that it is not going to be a "product" sort of endeavor. I've just wanted to knit this pattern since I saw it last spring and decided to let her rip! If it works, well whoopie for me. If it doesn't, oh well.

I shall now retire to check on the charging status of my little pink Ipod. I will not be caught unprepared again!!!

SA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved your vest. Does the cotton hurt your hands? It hurts me to knit with it for too long.