Tuesday, June 06, 2006

On...and on....and on.......

My bout with the dreaded Monkey Pox began the last week in April. The actual "sick" part stuck around to greet the month of May. It is now June. Should I really still be dealing with the fall-out from this??????? I've sort of tried to downplay some of the ongoing issues with all this as a review of blog post past were starting to make me look a tad "whiney." But a recent bout of allergies combined with lungs that were not fully healed has brought the whole saga to the forefront again.

I took today off as a "professional" day in order that I might attack the mound of paperwork that just doesn't seem to get done when one has no preparatory time during the school day and is constantly surrounded by children who want to share with me their theories on all things from where boogers come from to why I should take all privileges from Bobby because he was "looking at me funny." When not producing endless paper trails for the betterment of special education, I got to spend some quality time here. And I highly recommend that you not skip the "intro." You'll really think that The Sheep was getting the finest of medical services and care.

Only in the medical community does one have to swear on a stack of bibles that one is not pregnant and explain for the umpteenth time that one is not menopausal within a two minute time frame and to the same person. It's one or the other: able to conceive or withered old crone. Pick one. And as I was, at the time, more concerned about the "staying power" of the miles of limp cotton with which they had me garbed I was really too distracted to point out the absurdity of this line of questioning.

So the chest x-rays are done and my bone density has been tested. Results are pending, but I am fully expecting to learn that I have lungs filled with goo and bones of glass. It's been that kind of spring...

I did find time to break out the needles upon returning home. The Jaywalkers continue to struggle along at their slow but steady pace. Teri commented on the yarn I chose for this project and how well the pattern seems to come through. To be honest, I was somewhat surprised by this. I opted to use KnitPicks Essential for this, my "test pair," fully expecting that it would be a bust. I envision jawalkers in striped yarn. But, I have to say, this is working! I actually rather like the look of the plain yarn. I will add it doesn't have the "give" that other yarns have and that these are going to be quite snug. I don't mind, though, as I like my socks to stay up. I'm still hoping to have sock # 1 finished by the end of the weekend, but one never knows...

I may fall and break one of my glass hips or something...

SA

3 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Yeah, I remember trying mayn years ago to explain to a medical person that there was no chance in hell I was pregnant. This person didn't seem to understand the term "virgin" as it applied to a human being.

sheep#100 said...

They also don't seem to understand the word "abstinence". Hope these comments don't get you weird spam.

Mia said...

Hi Sheepie..
Yeah, you really have been sick with this for a while... but pneumonia is no walk in the park. You were one sick girlie and it takes a while to get your strength back - and you're none too easy on yourself unless us (your invisible blog buddies) guilt you into taking a rest once in a while *grin*

Glad you're at least knitting a little and keeping you in my prayers that all works out and you're feeling a lot better real soon :-)