Sunday, April 12, 2009

Boo-Yah!!!

I don't know what I was saying yesterday. Thinking I was all boring and without interesting stories...pish! Pish posh, I say! I am the Queen Of All I Survey. And then some...

I finished a game on the computer last night. It has taken me a year. One year. It's not that it was a particularly challenging game. It was just one of those hidden object games that I like to play sometimes. I have a membership with an online game club and can download one game a month for a very reasonable fee. But this was not one that I purchased from this site. I got this one for free.

No. It is not the game that they gave me a couple of weeks ago after there was some ordering confusion and I wrote them a nice, but firm note regarding the situation. The game I got for Freesies from them was very fun. But it was different one that I finished last night.

I downloaded the demo from my usual site a while back. I enjoyed it. But didn't really think it was anything I wanted to have for my own. Still...I wanted to see how it all turned out. And so it began.

I spent a year hunting down game sites that would let me download a demo of this game. This is tricky because you have to make certain you have not already downloaded it there. Then they tell you that you can't play it anymore. You also can't go to sites that link to the same sites from whence you've downloaded before. They will know that you have already played it. Then you need to make certain that the new download will let you continue from where you left off. Starting over is such a pain! You must diligently hunt and demonstrate great craftiness.

It's an exhausting process. You need great fortitude and the willingness to isolate lots of inadvertently downloaded spyware for disposal.

But I have prevailed in my quest to finish this game without actually paying for it. I am like some kind of cheap, internet-gaming genius! I should get a medal or something. Except that I don't want a public ceremony. The accolades would be nice, but I'd hate for the game developers to figure out that I finished their game for free. And that it only took me a year.

Me? Boring? Without fascinating interests and things to show for them? Oh, I think not!!!

I celebrated this great accomplishment with the renting of a movie. I've wanted to see Quarantine for a while now and the rental was available on Itunes so I did that clicky-clicky thing I do so well now that I am the cheap game master. I'm glad I only rented it. This is the sort of movie that could have been good. In fact, it should have been good. There was very little to screw up as far as I could tell. But it wasn't really all that good. I don't know just what went wrong.

Perhaps my new found gaming status has left me with impossibly high standards...

I also commemorated the day with some knitting. It wasn't particularly productive knitting and won't result in anything at all useful. But it was pleasant and mildly challenging. Sure, I have a sock that needs finishing, but I deserve to do whatever I want now. Free game. Finished it. For free. In a year. For free.



Crochet cotton from the dollar store. Is anyone really surprised by this? Didn't think so.


Really, it was a delightful way to bring the weekend to a close. Other than the fact that I forgot the grocery store wouldn't be open today at the usual time due to it being Easter Sunday, I can't complain. I've restored my feelings of purpose and can now say that I accomplished great things over this holiday weekend.

Speaking of Easter, The Absurdly Gi-normous Kitty would like to extend his warmest holiday wishes to one and all. He does love the holidays, you know. He embraces them. He cannot wait for Mommy to upload his photo to the editing site so he can see his charming visage all decked out for the occasion.

He's good that way...





Nooooooo!!! I don' wanna be no bunnee inna basket!!!!!!!


I'm certain that what he meant to say was, "Happy Easter!"

SA

12 comments:

Leslie said...

AW! He's an adorable reluctant bunny! Happy Easter.

Anonymous said...

The AGK looks like a very mean bunny in a basket!

Kath said...

Yeah, I'm bettin' that's actually a yawn!

I completely understand your pursuit of the free game. You wouldn't believe the lengths I go to just to watch episodes of Torchwood for free!

sheep#100 said...

Happy Easter, Sheepie - even if the AGK is trying to rain on your Easter bonnet there.

You seriously need to tell me what game it was.

catsmum said...

cutest easter bunny I'VE seen recently - or maybe the scariest with those teeth - but still cute

Karen said...

AGK is a cute bunny but those teeth are scary...

Donna Lee said...

You know you can cut the lasagna into squares and freeze it and it microwaves really well? I love lasagna (it doesn't love me back) and can't eat but a little at a time so I freeze it and enjoy it weeks later.

Isn't it spring break yet?

Mia said...

awww, AGK is so gorgeous. And that sounds like an excellent way to spend a day. and you know what today is.. get out there and get somethin' good :)

Cursing Mama said...

No Bunny ears???

Teri S. said...

He actually looks a little bit like the killer rabbit in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. But still cute!

Beth said...

Your swatch is very pretty. You should use that pattern for some socks. Also, your AGK looks like a vampire!

Mr. Cheddar said...

What a great set of lungs...I hear ya!

Headbonks, The Ched!!! (Ive got cred...)

PS: My mom says Hi too, to your mom, that is. She posted some crochet pics your mom might like seeing. Well maybe...