Wednesday, December 03, 2008

When It's Wednesday...

I know lots of stuff about Wednesdays.  I know it's the day before I have to remember to go to school early because I have morning bus duty.  I know that the first one in each month is supposed to be a faculty meeting day.  (except I forget that one a lot...)  I know that there are lots of TV shows I'd like to watch, but that I will miss most of them due to the fact that I have to go to bed early in order that I might get up in time to make it to morning bus duty...

I also know that it is time for The Wednesday Night Bullet Post.  Let's take a look at today's highlights:

*I didn't forget the faculty meeting today.  I made it right on time.

*That's a lie.  I did forget.  But when I saw all those people in the library I figured it out.  

*I didn't figure it out in time to get a seat, though.  Another meeting spent sitting on the floor...

*I remembered to bring that scarf project along today.  I knit during both math and social studies classes.  The kids were fascinated.  

*They didn't know that I could sew.  

*No point in correcting them.  They don't listen anyway.  

*One of them remembered me spinning, though.  He was in my class back in 6th grade and really liked that drop spindle.

*I follow my students.  I've had some of them since they were in third grade.  We have history.

*For the record, I do not follow them on purpose because that would be stalking and stalking is wrong.  It's just that they keep transferring me to higher grades.  I plan on graduating with these guys.  

*If they make me go to college with them, I will quit.  I'm so totally not kidding.

*I had to do a little bit of the rippy-rippy on the mittens I'm knitting.  I guess that, when the pattern says to join a second stand of yarn, it means you should do that.

*It was kind of a widdle, itty, bitty mitten...

*Not what I was going for.

*These next pictures look like the sort of thing I would stage myself just for blog fodder.  I'm not above that sort of thing, I guess.

*Even if I've never done that.  And these are for reals!  Honest!

*The Absurdly Gi-normous Kitty really likes his new Dollar Store Cat Cave.  It's just a nylon tunnel, for heaven's sake.  Nothing to write home about.  

*But we are glad to have found a new one.  The Dollar Store only just got them back in stock after months of my looking at that empty shelf.  He was lost without his favorite toy after he shredded it and I had to appease him with the Ridiculously Large Tunnel Connector Thingie That I Bought By Accident At The Pet Store.

*He was happy with that.  But he missed his little tunnel.  Now that he has both, he has gotten a bit creative.





Can you see what he's done?


Look closely.  He's either really lucky or an engineering genius.


*Still don't see it?  That's OK.  I was right there and it took me a minute to realize what he'd wrought.

*The little tunnel was inside the big tunnel.  They are the same color so I didn't catch it right away.  In fact, I was rather mystified by the disappearance of the little tunnel.



The feather finally tipped me off.  


*It was probably just some sort of tunnel collision ending in a weird coincidence.  A mishap of merging, if you will.

*But sometimes, when I think about this stuff too much, I'm a little scared of my cat...


It's looking like the mittens are back on track and that I'll be back to where I was when it all started to look so very wrong.  And, since I'm doubling the yarn like an obedient knitter, they should move along rather quickly.  That's a whole lotta yarn.  Mittens shall appear in very short order, I should think.

That will keep me occupied tonight.  I won't have to think about my sore back that didn't like having to sit on the floor for the faculty meeting or how any student who has had me as a teacher for three thousand years might not recognize knitting when he sees it.  I may even be able to ignore these sorts of things enough to fall asleep at a reasonable hour tonight.  Mustn't forget that morning bus duty tomorrow, after all!

I just need to remember to forget the part where my cat has developed an intricate and highly refined understanding of spatial relationships.  That could keep me up for a while...

SA

11 comments:

Anne said...

Be afraid. That AGK has clearly been hiding his intellectual firepower until securely ensconced in your heart.

Hate those faculty meetings without a seat ...

Kath said...

I'm trying to imagine what you were thinking about the whereabouts of the small tunnel until you found it inside the big one!

Knitting Linguist said...

My husband the engineer is impressed. He says, "It just makes sense. Even a cat gets it." I'd be scared.

Anonymous said...

I think AGK may have invented the worm hole. If he disappears into it and reappears somewhere in Alpha Centauri, you will know I a right.

Knittymama said...

I think you cat is a genius. And bus duty...sure don't miss that right now!

Anonymous said...

Scary kitty!!!

Donna Lee said...

He is a wonder. And he has that face that says,"what, you didn't know I was this smart?" And I don't miss bus duty. I had the brightest yellow slicker and boots for the rainy days (and it ALWAYS rained on my duty days).

Cursing Mama said...

I'm so glad you have such an enjoyable and stress relieving hobby, sewing, to keep your mind off the AGK and his advanced engineering skills.

sheep#100 said...

Apparently your AGK is of the Schrödinger variety.

Beth said...

Very interesting. Sadly, I think you're probably out of luck with the Christmas tree now.

Anonymous said...

AGK is obviously a genius!