Saturday, December 13, 2008

Update



The power is back on (thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!) and it looks like it might even stay that way for a while.  I figured I'd drop by and let everyone know that I survived the ice storm and all its attendant inconveniences rather well.  

Should the current remain flowing, I will do a proper post later this evening.  So do stay tuned for the first edition of Sheepish Annie's Ice Storm Survival Guide.  (brought to you through a generous donation from The Hysterical Mind Foundation For Disaster Preparedness)  I have all sorts of little hints and tips for making it through life without the mod cons.

Fun times over here...  

SA

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know that you all survived. It sounds like it might have been trying times though.

Anonymous said...

Possible titles for that promised post:

* "Hysterical Mind Proves Her Worth"
* "Living in the Dark"
* "How I Saved Sheepie From Hypothermia With My Powerful Warmness and Awesome Furriness, by AGK"
* "Knitting by Candlelight: a Survival Primer"

Jeanne said...

Oh, Lordy, an ice storm?!? I'm glad that's overwith and you're all fine. Winter. What a concept.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you have your power back. I wish I could say the same. I lost it (the power that is) around 11:30 Thursday night, it's now nearly 4pm on Saturday and I'm still without. Well, that's not entirely true - my house is without power; I am sitting in a warm hotel room.

Kath said...

"Ice storm"? Reason #963 why I live where I do...so that I never have to see those two words together. Far as I'm concerned - ice belongs in your drink!

mrichme said...

Still no power in the boonies of Waterboro. 1 night was enough we're in SP with little bro. Glad to hear the OOB made it through the storm.

sheep#100 said...

::waving to HM::

Hmm, word verification is "ravaliz". Like HM and RM are rivals?