Saturday, August 09, 2008

Worthy

Oh no...there will be none of this today, thankyouverymuch!!!


There are any number of things that have shown behavior appropriate enough to be rewarded with blog mention today.  I have oodles and scads of stuff from which to choose.  I'm not limited in any way, shape or form.  No desperate grasping at straws here.  

For example, Big, Fluffy Kitties are very good and they get to be on the blog today.  BFKs understand what it takes to make it to the big time.  


Even if they are just sitting and watching the raindrops and aren't being particularly interesting.

Oh, and what about Dishcloths That Are Not At All Anything Like Sweaters So There Is No Need For The Blog Sweater Curse To Sit Up And Take Note?  "Dishcloths" are extremely well behaved.  They get to be on the blog.  


I'm as surprised as anyone at this turn of events.  If anything was going to give me trouble today, I would have bet everything I owned on the "dishcloth."

Cookie mix is also very blog worthy.  Especially cookie mix that has triple Boxtops For Education thingies on it and which I need to bake up quickly so I can cut off the boxtops and send them off to Trek before education becomes obsolete or something.  Further, should I be feeling particularly lazy and not all that willing to deal with the time and effort it takes to make individual cookies, it also helps that the mix is OK with the idea of being baked into bars.


I wasn't eating them.  I was "taste testing" them to be sure that the bar method was safe.  It's just something I like to do for my fellow man and woman.  You're welcome.

Heck, even that big block of beeswax I found in the cupboard today that I decided to melt down into an old canning jar so I'd have an extra candle was cooperative.  Not so much at first.  But after some "thinking time" in the microwave, it consented to being chopped up into appropriately sized blocks and the finished candle is setting up even as I type.  If hard, unyielding wax can find it in its heart to be a team player, then you just gotta know that anyone can do it.

And what, pray tell, might be an example of something that doesn't get to be on the blog today, you may ask.  Oh, lots of things, I suppose.  A prime specimen, however, might be something along the lines of an Absurdly Gi-normous Kitty.  AGKs don't always understand how things work around here.  AGKs like to start rearranging the kitchen at 2:00 in the morning and they don't feel the need to be quiet about it.  AGKs don't much care that Mommy and the Big, Fluffy Kitty are sleeping and that they don't wish to hear all the pots and pans being removed from the cupboards or that the stuff on the counter is there for a reason.  AGKs may not have a full grasp on the intricacies of condo living and how it isn't nice to throw stuff on the floor because that also happens to be someone else's ceiling.  

Not that I really care because the people who live under that ceiling didn't take the time to consider my needs when they installed their super, high quality speakers on the wall about a foot beneath my sofa, but still...

 AGKs will continue with their kitchen antics until Mommy stumbles out of bed and agrees to sit up with them while they wait to feel tired because they don't understand that this will affect their blog status.

AGKs are very, very cute.  And when you kiss their heads they get all smushy-faced and purr a lot.  This can make you forget all about the bad stuff.  But you have to stand firm in the face of the cuteness.  It's in all the books.  So that's that, then.  The AGK is off the blog today.  I'm certain that he is thinking about the consequences of his actions most thoroughly and that he is making plans for better behavior in the future.

That or he is napping.  Because a boy needs his rest if he is going to do it all over again tonight...

SA

14 comments:

Knitting Linguist said...

Ah, yes, the middle of the night antics; aren't they a joy? The Dishcloth That Is Most Definitely Not Anything Else is looking gorgeous, btw.

Jeanne said...

Oh, shame on the noisy kitty. Wee-hour antics are the reason I'm glad my herd has their own room. On the opposite side of the house.

Lovin' the dishcloth.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure those bars are really safe for human consumption. You might want to email me a few so I can run some tests. It's okay; I'm generous like that.

Mia said...

oh yes sheepie, the dischcloth is definitely blog worthy *grin*

and that cookie... well, let's just say I need it NOW!!!!

April said...

Andy woke me up at 4 this morning because he'd locked himself in the bathroom. Again.

Boy kitties. Jeebus.

sheep#100 said...

You could have just sent the whole box of cookie mix with the Box Tops intact and I would have taken care of the whole thing for you.

It would have been someting I would have been willing to do to help out a friendly Sheep and I'm just nice like that.

Kath said...

Weren't you going to put baby latches on those cupboards? In a pinch, those reuseable zip ties are great too!

I've got the 5am early-risin' kitty, I don't know what it takes to get her to sleep in a few more hours!

Anonymous said...

Will you be bringing that dishcloth on Tuesday? I'd really like to see such a pretty dishcloth in person.

Hmmm, only 1/2 the pan was used for taste testing? I think you should do a more thorough job of testing :-)

Alwen said...

I'm willing to stand up and taste-test a few myself.

Very nice-looking Dishcloth. I'm glad to hear it's behaving and see it on the blog again.

Anonymous said...

I am also battered about by a boy kitty often known as the Black-Hearted Devil Cat. Sigh...

The dishcloth is lovely!

Ronni said...

awwww!He's so cute. (I used to say "Kids are so cute when they're someone else's. Now that I have a kid I guess I just need to change the first word to "cats" and I've still got a catch phrase.)

Your dishcloth looks great! I'm so impressed.

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

LOL The Most Definitely a Dishcloth is looking very nice! the yarn looks warm and snuggly!

Anonymous said...

BFK looks very happy in that picture. Being up at 2 in the morning with a overambitious kitty does not sound like fun.
Hey, that dishcloth is looking really nice. I can't wait to see it with a collar.

Anonymous said...

I love the neckline on your dishcloth - very pretty!