Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Silver Lining?

It is another wet and windy Wednesday here in Sheepie Land. But, you know what they say. Neither wind nor rain nor the need to just scream until it all stops will keep this Sheep from her appointed blog post. Bring forth the random tid-bits for the Wednesday Night Bullet Post!

*I know I said that I would go perform The Visit With The Vegetables on a weekly basis. In fact, I promised that I would do this.

*I even said I'd try to eat some of them...

*But I gotta tellya, this business of wandering around in the rain every week just to look at produce is getting old.

*Today it wasn't just regular rain.

*It was "Noah, sweetie? Could you pick up the pace on that little woodworking project of yours?" rain.

*Torrential.

*But I did it.




This week's haul: zucchini, tomatoes, lettuce and new garlic


*I had to shelter under one of the stand's awnings with the vendor for a while because I was afraid of drowning. We had a lovely chat and I ended up buying some fresh butter while waiting it out.

*It was worth checking out the next stall, though. That's where the garlic was. I've been waiting for that.

*New garlic is beyond yummy. Even to me, The World's Greatest Hater Of Vegetables.

*It was like the silver lining in all those clouds which were hurling rain upon me.

*I had some nice roasted garlic with new potatoes for dinner tonight. Mild, sweet...delightful!

*I should have some really tasty burps tonight.

*More than you needed to know, probably...

*I knit a lot today.

*I was all chilled from the Veggie Visit so I didn't go out much after I got home.

*I didn't go out at all, actually.

*The trash is really stinky, but I'm not going outside to the dumpster and you can't make me.

*The garlic burps will probably cancel it out anyway.

*Sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me tonight. I'm on a garlic high or something...

*I finished the cuff on the Bripple sock and thought, "Well, that's impressive!"

*Then I finished the heel flap and thought, "Gosh, I'm really humming along here!"

*The heel was turned and I thought, "I'm like Superman!!!"

*Suddenly, I was knitting up the gussets and I thought, "Gee, I wonder why my hands hurt so much today..."

*Maybe I need a little break.

*The Big, Fluffy Kitty helped me to take a nap after that.

*This was before all the garlic. We'll see how things go for the rest of the evening.


Well, that should catch everyone up. To recap: it is raining again, there has been great knitting progress, I bought some garlic and have the burps to prove it.

Aren't you glad you stopped by? And that you are doing it from such a comfortable distance?

SA

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fresh garlic is a totally new and foreign concept to me. I wonder if any of our local producers grow it? Garlic -- and mashed potatoes and gravy, and ice cream, and blue cheese and crackers, and really fresh shrimp -- are my favorite foods on earth. (Not all at the same time, of course.)

Your commitment to visiting the vegies is admirable!

Cindy Mayo said...

Our torrential rains yesterday took down trees, awnings, and screened porches.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like quite a busy day :)

mia

Anonymous said...

New potatoes and roasted garlic - yummy! I think I'll start coming to your house for dinner on Wednesdays; I love fresh veggies but I'm too lazy to buy them and fix them.

Guess what? It's not raining this morning!

Donna Lee said...

Now I feel guilt for our sunny days (a whole week's worth. At one time!) I hope the sun finds its way up to you soon. We're expecting the rain back this weekend. I try hard to eat more veggies in the summer but, like you, i don't like them. I try, I really do, but I just don't like them. Maybe it's because I grew up with a mother who was of the "cook it to death" persuasion of cooking and in my experience veggies were soggy lumps on the plate. Even when I know better, I still prefer potatoes.

Karen said...

You must really be dedicated to produce to go out in that rain. Your garlic looks good though.

Jeanne said...

OMG. I love garlic. I don't even mind garlic breath. In fact, I prefer that to "postage stamp breath" which is what you get with the after-dinner mints.

Back in 89, when I lived in LA, there was a bar & grille on the Sunset Strip that my friend and I always stopped into on weekend nights. The reason? The deep-fried garlic balls they served. With Ranch dressing.

And we wondered why the hot guys stayed away from us.