Thursday, February 01, 2007

For The "Surgery Channel" Addicts...

Oh, good lord! You want pictures? Fine. I actually attempted a pre-op shot just in case I needed a photo for facial reconstruction after the removal of the Mole Of Disturbing Dimensions. (That was Rational Mind's idea. Hysterical Mind was busy rocking and humming tunelessly at that point)

Before:






Cheap camera means poor close-ups. The MODD was actually far more "dimensional" in real life and had become larger and irregular in shape over the years. This thing actually changed the shape of my profile.
After:

Yet another poor shot. The close-ups were blurry. I took off the steri-strips this morning because they were driving me mental. But if anyone asks, we are all going to say that they fell off. Back me up on this one. More on the saga with the antibiotic ointment later. Frankly, the scar looks better than the bandage. I'm telling everyone I was in a bar fight...
I'll do a proper post later today. Something that involves knitting or similar activities.
SA


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the bar fight story! Make sure you tell them it was over yarn!

Anonymous said...

I agree.. tell everyone it was a brawl in the yarn shop for the last skein of cashmere yarn.
-mouse

Cursing Mama said...

I saw them fall off - it was awful the way they fell to the peanut shell ridden bar floor ;)

Anonymous said...

A bar fight, that's it, and the bandage fell off in the course of the fight!

Lazuli said...

The before picture isn't loading! But I can't wait to hear the story about the fight over yarn and the knitting needle someone tried to use against you in their efforts to keep hold of the skein!

Bells said...

I've gotta say, i was expecting something MUCH bigger!!!

Anonymous said...

The "spot" looks great! It almost looks like you just scratched yourself. But, I guess it also could look like someone cut you with a broken beer bottle in that bar fight.

sheep#100 said...

That was the MODD?? I guess I'd better get Neatnik's done before she goes all HM on me.

Looks just fine there, Sheep. Happy recovery.

Lorraine said...

When telling the bar fight story, don't forget to mention how bad the other guy looked!

April said...

Sheepie, you look kinda skinny in those pictures - are you eating enough?

I better send chocolate.

catsmum said...

yes I for one think that you've been fibbing about the post-christmas gaining of the avoirdupois ,,, unusually svelte looking for a sheep.
I'd go with the fight at the LYS over the last skein of cashmere story. Totally true to life!