Wednesday, February 03, 2010

WNBP: Now With Hiccurps!

OK. We've got our Wednesday. That means we are on the downward slope towards the weekend and, if we ignore the fact that I have to teach a Safety Procedures class on Friday and my total lack of preparedness, we can feel pretty good.

And if that's not enough for you, then I'll even throw in some bullet points!

*Last night, I had a bit of a philosophical dilemma.

*Is it worse to spend three hours thinking, "Oh my God, am I going to throw up?"

*Or is it worse to actually throw up?

*Anticipation?

*Or Eventuality?

*Both were unpleasant.

*Still felt rather ooky this morning, but staying home sick was not an option.

*Short-staffed in the classroom.

*Fortunately, it was only a half day for kids.

*Mr. Principal was nice enough to say I could go home.

*Still wasn't sure, though.

*Then I got tired of worrying about what was going to happen every time I hiccurped.

*Hiccup+Burp=Hiccurp

*Hiccurps+Ooky Feeling=Possible Public Gastric Disaster

*Lots of hiccurps today. Each of which was fraught with tension and an ominous burning sensation.

*I came home early and didn't do my usual work out.

*Hiccurps+Cardio=Carpet Cleaning

*Hiccurps-Cardio=No Mitten Knitting

*Does anyone else ever watch the opening sequence to Friends and think about how it was filmed back when they didn't know each other very well?

*And wonder if they felt kind of stupid dancing around in that fountain?

*I'd probably get the hiccurps and embarrass myself all over the place...

*They'd have to clean the fountain.

*Zombieland came out on dvd yesterday.

*No. I am not even putting a link on that one. I've been telling people about this for weeks in my "real" life and getting lots of blank looks.

*I'm tired of explaining it.

*OK. OK. Fine. I'll link it. Sheesh...here I am not feeling well and hiccurping everywhere and now I have to do links!

*Zombieland. Be still my heart...

*Still need more? OK. I'll give you the trailer...but that's it!





And that is my day in hiccurps and bullet points. I am thankful for principals that let me go home early. I am also thankful for Mrs. Secretary Who Sits At The Front Desk and the fact that she spent most of last night watching Zombieland on an endless loop. This gives me hope for our future.

And that my hiccurps will remain just that and not evolve any further. The alternative is not something we should contemplate...

SA

15 comments:

Mel said...

Did you know that another movie titled "Zombieland" came out in France last year? From the description, it appears to be slightly darker than the American one, but it may well be another training film to look into.

Mel said...

Oh, and my meds frequently cause both nausea and hiccups, so I really, really do empathize.

sheep#100 said...

Blech on the ailments.
Hope the training film yielded good information.

Beth said...

Sorry you're sick! I am not a fan of zombie movies but that one actually looks really entertaining!

Anonymous said...

What causes hiccurps?

Anonymous said...

Hiccurps are not good. I hope today will be hiccurp-free for you!

Donna Lee said...

I think the anticipation is worse. At least once the event happens, it's over and you can relax a little.

With the weekend snow predicted, you can work on the mitten.....

Anonymous said...

Oh, I do hope the hiccurps have ended! I hope the zombies in the garbage bin didn't give them to you. They sound like something a zombie would impose (to me who knows nothing, no things, about zombies.)

Leah

Word verificatio is dratort

Cursing Mama said...

Hopefully many people will take Zombieland seriously; then you will have willing & able help in the Apocalypse.

Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, hiccurps sound really bad, especially if there's any chance at all that they might be followed by gastric disaster. I hope the afternoon has given your stomach a chance to figure itself out.

Zombieland is on my list of movies to see. I wonder if I can convince Rick of that?

Jeanne said...

I vote "worse to feel like you're gonna throw up". Bleagh. Hope you return to your healthy state soon.

Julia G said...

Does your trainer's manual have a how-to chapter on rigging up a baby grand piano to drop on the attacking undead? Oops, different training topic!

Hope your hiccurps have abated and your mitten is moseying along in a zombie-free environment.....

Kath said...

I think the brilliance of Zombieland is evident in the fact that it has brought the zombie film genre to a mainstream audience. Entertainment and valuable lessons in one package - right? Kind of like how Schoolhouse Rock worked on kids!

Karen said...

I hope you feel better.

Yarnhog said...

Barfing is like frogging--best to do it fast and get it over with. Dragging it out only makes it worse.