Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WNBP: As Intended

Hard to believe it is actually Wednesday. I had to check. I usually do. Days of the week only make sense to me when I think of them within the context of the prime time TV lineup and that isn't always something you can count on.

But Wednesday it is and it's time for some bullet points. So here they be:

*Today was the kind of day I envisioned when I thought about school vacation week.

*Did I mention it is vacation week? I can't remember...

*It is.

*I was very productive today. I did lots of things that a vacationing person who isn't going someplace interesting should do.

*I cleaned one shelf in the fridge.

*Then I got a tetanus shot.

*I steam cleaned my wool coat.

*I mopped the kitchen floor.

*I did rather well until about 1:00 and then I played computer games for four hours.

*We'll try for a longer session of productivity tomorrow.

*None of this productivity included knitting a thumb.

*I suspect that a great deal of today's activities revolved around the avoidance of that thumb.

*Tomorrow. The thumb will be knit tomorrow. It has to be.

*I like February Break. It's the first vacation of the school year that doesn't come with obligations.

*The Absurdly Gi-normous Kitty is also pleased to have Mommy home.

*This creates an obligation in that he wants to play while I want to not be obligated.

*I finally broke down and got out a new Dollar Store Cat Cave with which to divert him.

*He likes them when they're new. They still have a shape and aren't all tattered.

*Which is ironic given that it's his love of the Dollar Store Cat Caves that causes their ultimate destruction.



But how do you deny an AGK the thing he loves most?


*I stock up on the things whenever the Dollar Store gets them.

*They look at me funny at the Dollar Store.

*Not sure what was going on in this next picture. He might be yawning.

*Or grinning broadly.

*Or singing a loud, lusty love ballad in praise of the Dollar Store Cat Cave.


Or gearing up to take a bite out of my face...


*Yesterday's snowstorm was a bust, in case anyone was wondering.

*Three inches, tops.

*In my area. Others got more. Others got less.

*It all melted.

*I'm not the least displeased by this turn of events.

*Proof that knitting three rounds on a thumb will appease karma and keep it from dumping snow on my head.

*I hope...


That's it. Unless you want a detailed description of my plan to clean the toilet tomorrow, that is. And I'm assuming you don't. Hopefully, the siren song of the computer game won't lure me away from my dreams of a fresh, clean bowl. Again, though, I'm thinking you don't want to hear about that. I should probably just wrap things up now.


The End



SA

10 comments:

PICAdrienne said...

I am so glad to see one of your precious babies. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I am extraordinarily happy that AGK got a new Dollar Store Cat Cave today. Looks like he is that happy, too.

Kath said...

You know - AGK could be onto something there. There are times when having my own personal cave would be awfully nice.

Beth said...

Really great, well-ended post. :)

Lorraine said...

Wow - perhaps you should get a "Wide Load" sign for that last shot. Just kidding. I happen to have a huge crush on AGK! sigh

Donna Lee said...

I,too, would like a cat cave to crawl in. Of course, it would be a human sized one and cats are not known to share well....

Anonymous said...

Loved this post, especially the end.

Anonymous said...

AGK barely fits in that cave! Poor Gi-normous kitty needs a bigger cave, that must be the reason they get clawed to dealth. ;)
Word Verification is fyinglob. Lovely word.

Leah

sheep#100 said...

Hey, that's a great idea! I should play on the computer for four hours tonight. Let's see, if I get Neatnik to bed by eight, then I could play until twelve. Number Guy could join me after pipe practice.

I don't have to get up until 6:15 to get Neatnik ready for school and me off to an eight o'clock teaching obligation. Who needs to prep for lecture?

Totally doable, right? Right?

Knitting Linguist said...

That last photo looks exactly like a fuzzy orange meatloaf. Love it.