Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Back To The Routine

OK.  We're back on track and will do the Wednesday Night Bullet Post on the right night.  Routines are good and healthy.  If we didn't have routines then we wouldn't know what day it is.  And then how on earth would we know what is on television?  It would be anarchy, I tellya!!

Routine bullets to follow:

*I am still tired.  

*The kids in my class are still tired.

*This is making for some interesting days at The Learn-a-matorium.

*Maybe not so much "interesting" as "irritating."  Whatever.

*I haven't knit much this week.  I've been too busy with all the being tired and everything.  But, I am almost through the gussets on Sort Of Purple Socks That Might Match Something I Own.  

*This represents the fastest knitting I've done in months.

*My Post-Thanksgiving Diet is going swimmingly.  I haven't attacked any small children for their half-eaten cookies or been found begging in the streets for sticks of butter.

*Don't count your chickens before they've hatched, though.  I could snap at any moment.  

*Maybe you should count your chickens after all.  I may have eaten one...

*The apple and pear I had for lunch today never magically changed into steak.  I said all sorts of incantations and wished on any number of objects around the room that looked like they might contain a genie.  No dice.

*I stopped on the way home and bought a diet Mountain Dew as a little treat.  

*Then I got distracted and forgot it on the counter at the store.  

*They are so nice at the little convenience store down the street...they hardly laugh at all when you have to go back for the only item you purchased, but still forgot to take home with you.  

*Did I happen to mention that I am tired?  And maybe just a little bit hungry...

*This is Chocolate Pie:





*I took that last week when I was on vacation and the world was a magical place filled with leftover pie as far as the eye could see.  Those were happy times...

*I'm thinking about breaking out the sewing machine this weekend.  I have some brilliant ideas for stunning projects.  I'm a genius when it comes to the having of brilliant ideas.

*I'm not so handy with the execution, though.  No good will come of this.

*It is possible that I am hallucinating from the lack of pie.  Everything seems like a good idea when you are pie-deficient.

*That's right.  I now consider pie a nutrient.  Wanna make something of it?

*I took a pair of my skinny jeans out of the closet this afternoon just to say, "hi!"  They didn't say anything back to me, though.  It seems I miss them more than they miss me.

*The weather has taken a turn for the "seasonal" lately.  Time to break out the scarf I crocheted last summer!  Maybe over the weekend when I'm allowed to eat solid food again, I'll have the strength to put up a picture or do a scarf-link of some sort.  It is quite pretty...

*I'm also hearing rumors of snow in the near future.  Monday might be an interesting commute to school.  I'm packing a couple extra pears just in case I get stranded on the highway or something.

*That way, if I find that I am facing a wintery death trapped in my car, I won't care so much.  Extra pears don't exactly inspire one to trudge out into a blizzard seeking shelter.


Tah-dah!!!  A nice, rambling, routine post for your Wednesday pleasure!  I can now officially say that the week is more than half over.  I can also give myself a little break tomorrow and wear a nice pair of loose fitting jeans.  You know the ones:  straight leg, mid-rise that doesn't quite hit the waistline, just the teeniest touch of Lycra to help everything stretch out of shape and away from the body...yeah, those jeans!  

This will be a nice little treat after three days of holding my breath whilst wearing my Professional, But Waist-Cinching Because I Over-Ate During Thanksgiving Trousers.  I wonder if moving a little oxygen in and out of my lungs will help with the tiredness...

SA


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't spoken to my skinny jeans for quite some time; I'm mad at them!
Maybe I should buy some pears.

Anonymous said...

I think you'd better pack more than pears for a snowstorm! Maybe some nice granola bars or another chicken. :)

sheep#100 said...

I shouldn't tell you that I am wearing my skinny jeans, then?

We are being more careful about the calories this week, though. Last week was, after all, Thanksgiving.

Good going on the fruit. We had salad for lunch and dinner here - oh, and leftover turkey and steamed zucchini for dinner.

Marianne said...

Excuse me, someone somewhere claiming that pie is NOT a nutrient?

Leigh said...

Hmm. I must be pie deficient as well. You describe my symptoms to a "T."

Unknown said...

I was insanely tired yesterday. I had to call and ask someone what hotel room I was staying in. Damn, I need to go home. All this traveling is making me look like a pear.

Rabbitch said...

I hear it's quite dangerous to become too pie-deficient.

You break out in clever plans to sew something, and such.

Anonymous said...

The pie looks so good...
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

Amy Boogie said...

Skinny jeans?? What are those. My fat jeans are my jeans and they don't even fit well. And I never get pie. I agree, pie and cake should be a food group or group of nutrients all their own.

Cursing Mama said...

My skinny jeans remain in Time Out for not fitting. When they do decide to fit I will gladly speak to them again.

Mia said...

Yup. Oxygen helps.. or an iron treatment or two ::laughing::

But I feel your pain... especially at the waist line. I went to the doc this week and got weighed. Oy vey. Apparently "lite" beer isn't really lite. Please pass the celery.

And God does that pie look GOOD!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my doctor pointed out that I had gained 7 pounds since my record low last year. Gee, thanks.

I believe you have discovered (unvented?) a new food group: pie. It makes a nice addition to the existing ones. You know, salt, fat, meat, and beer.

Knitting Linguist said...

The skinny jeans in my world have been banned to the back of the closet for the duration (of what, I don't know, but it's definitely a durable duration). Hope today is less fatigued!

tenacious knitter said...

Chocolate pie?! I've never had it, and I am glad to not be under its spell. It looks yummy.

And don't feel too bad about the convenience store amnesia - I've had multiple convenience store people yell out to me as I leave the head of a long line to go out the door, "do you want your item?!" It's character-building, this humiliation, right?

Deb said...

You really don't want to know what my jeans made me do then. It'd make you feel really good about your skinny jeans!

Susan Pandorf said...

My jeans are called "Not your daughter's jeans."

I think that says it all, don;t you?

Em said...

I left my skinny jeans behind when I stopped going to school and working full time and started doing these odd things like sleeping and eating and such. People stopped looking at me like I would pass out or mug them for their candy bars, though, so it's not sooo bad.

I'm in total agreement, pie is a nutrient. It's definitely required for sane operation of oneself. Without it, one starts to worry about things like pants and whether or not they fit.

Donna Lee said...

Having been back at work for almost an entire week (four whole days!) I am right there with the tired thing. I am eating the cottage and fruit for lunch and I like it (if I say it often enough, maybe it will become true). My work pants fit and they're not even tight. I must not have consumed enough pie.....

Anne said...

There are no skinny jeans in my life other than the teeny tiny ones my daughters wear. And that's how I like it (because pie is a nutrient, and beer is a food group).

Everyone's tired. I'm thinking about putting a regular old lamp in my classroom to see if that will help change the vibe.