Thursday, March 17, 2011

TNBP: Just Think Wednesday Thoughts...

Oh, my dears!  Sheepie is so sorry!!!  I had all good intentions of getting the Wednesday Night Bullet Post out in a timely fashion, but things just sort of got away from me.  I have no excuse.  It was Parent/Teacher Conference night and I had nothing scheduled from 11:30 in the morning until 8:00 that evening.  Time was on my side as was ample bandwidth.  I just got sidetracked and, before I knew it, Mr. Principal was calling "time" on the whole business.  Once I'd made my weary way home, I just didn't have it in me anymore.  I went to bed.

Let's see if I can make up for the whole sorry business with some Thursday Night Bullet Points...

*This has been a long week.


*Today was the kind of day where a girl is glad she invested in extra boxes of Girl Scout Cookies.


*Massive kerfuffle at The Convenience Store Where They Call You Honey And Sweetie And You Don't Really Mind That So Much.


*I needed gas, but the pumps were broken.  No one knew that until I, the first customer of the day, arrived, paid for my gas and found there was none to be had.


*Got gas elsewhere and graciously accepted my twenty dollar credit at TCSWTCYHASAYDRMTSM.


*They like me over there.  They say I have a Very Positive Attitude.


*I was late to school on Monday, but it's worth it to be known as a Happy Little Ray Of Sunshine under such dire circumstances.


*I brought lots of stuff with me last night.  I knew I'd probably need entertaining during the long hours ahead of me in the classroom.


*Book.  Knitting.  Ipod.


*Used none of it.  Sort of had my Working Vibe goin' on.


*Got a lot of very teacherly things done.


*Poor sock sat in the bag all night.  I think I might have heard it crying at one point, but what are you gonna do?  


*This is my busy season at work.  Probably better to keep up with all the paperwork...


*Cats were very unhappy with the schedule on Parent/Teacher Conference Night.


*Like many, they do not understand why I have to be there when I don't have conferences.


*Nor do they care that these extra hours are what allows me to take the time off during Thanksgiving break and whatnot.


*Late feeding times do not make for empathy and an appreciation for the work ethic.


*The Cheerful Teaching Assistant has been after me to start reading these books she found.


*To appease her, I downloaded Switched (Trylle Trilogy, Book 1).


*Same person who wrote Hollowland [Paperback].


*But I couldn't start it until I finished Tracking the Tempest (Jane True) 


*And Tempest's Legacy (Jane True)


*The CTA grew impatient because Amanda Hocking's writing style does something to her psyche.


*She mulls, ponders and frets over what she's read.


*She wants to discuss it and I am useless until I have read the books.


*Finally got a start on the first in the Trylle Trilogy the other day and I can see the CTA's stress level starting to abate.


*She admits she might have a problem, but shows little desire to address the matter.


*I get that...


*Best Conversation Of The Week:

(Ms. Sheep and The Cheerful Teaching Assistant are chatting.  A Student Who Shall Remain Utterly Unidentified can be heard shuffling from Ms. Sheep's office, where he has been playing on his laptop.)

SWSRUU:  (gasping) Er...Ms. Sheep?

Ms. Sheep:  (grumpily)  I think we have had several conversations about interrupting others, haven't we?

SWSRUU:  (collapsing in a chair)  But it's an emergency!

MS:  Fine.  What is it?

SWSRUU:  Um...it feels like I just got hit hard in a very Pacific place.

(It takes Ms. Sheep a moment, but she eventually dials in to the lad's current and very delicate status.)  

MS:  Um...Okay.  Let's go with that.  You've been hit in the Pacific.  Why don't I just help you down to the nurse?


*I took the student for a hobble down to visit with the nurse, periodically having to admonish him about the incessant moaning.  


*Bad luck for him that he had to wait in line with several girls before the nurse showed up...


*He ended up going home so I guess the Pacific took a bit of a hit.  No idea just what happened.


*And he's not talking...


*Other Best Conversation Of The Week:

(the boy who is) Dark & Disturbed:  I have standards when it comes to the ladies, but I'm not all about looks.  I don't mind a frog.

Cheerful Teaching Assistant:  Did you just say, "frog???"

D&D:  Well, yeah.  You know what I mean.  Looks aren't everything.

CTA:  But...frog???

D&D:  I'm above looks.  But it has to be a certain type of frog.  Maybe something like a Geek Frog.  They're usually pretty cool.

Ms. Sheep:  You know, you talk a lot about your frogs and your standards and whatnot.  But that's all in theory.  I saw you with an actual girl in the hall the other day and, because I'm just that sort of teacher, I had to mention that to you.  You blushed for an hour and half and it wasn't even your "frog."  It was your friend's "frog!"

D&D:  (voice rising and color deepening)  OMIGOD!  I told you not to talk about that again.  YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE ME A NOSEBLEED!!!!!!!




*He was lying about the nosebleed.  I never saw so much as a drop of blood.


*Spunky Girl, on the other hand, managed to get that loose tooth out and that bled quite a bit.


*She talked about the loose tooth for three days.


*Today she talked about the missing tooth all day.


*Suffice it to say that, between yesterday's early dismissal and all the ridiculous happenings going on in the classroom, there hasn't been much in the way of book learnin' this week...


There.  That's all I've got.  I hope it is enough to cover the fact that I missed yesterday's post.  If nothing else, it should serve to demonstrate that I have not been idle in my absence.  I am going to call this one "done" and see about getting ready for Friday.  I'd be lying if I said this wasn't a long week and that I'm sad to see the end of it.

On the other hand, I don't quite know what I'll do with all the peace and quiet.  Without bloodshed, angst and trouble in the Pacific, I might get a little bored...

SA

9 comments:

Teri S. said...

Whew! I was beginning to worry that you had succumbed to the monkey pox (which is nothing like the Monkey Socks). Or else I was way off on what day of the week it is. I'm relieved to know that everything is okay, even though it's been an exhausting week for you.

The good news is tomorow's Friday! Yippee!

Donna Lee said...

Ouch. I understand getting hit in the Pacific is especially painful. Poor kid.

sheep#100 said...

Um. Wow. Don't know quite how to respond today. Seems things have been going wron over in the Pacific for a week or so now. Didnt' realize that those tectonic plate shifts had disrupted things so drastically. I mean, a whole ocean and then another whole continent away and there were repercussions in the wilds of Maine...

Cursing Mama said...

To bad you couldn't use the issues in the pacific as a good jumping off point for a study of WW2

Elaine said...

I suspect you don't wanna know what happened in the Pacific..... And you were very thoughtful to double the length of the TNBP. We are lucky people.

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely the best post I think I've ever read.

Anonymous said...

I am still trying to figure out exactly what getting hit in the Pacific means. But I am slow like that.

April said...

Sheepie, I'm sure you've heard this many times, but seriously, a book. Write one.

Julia G said...

Phew, I just wooshed the last middle school boy out the door from Middle School Kid's birthday sleepover, and I just have one question: how in the heck do you do it, day after day, week after week, without losing your sanity??