Wednesday, April 21, 2010

WNBP: It's Alive!!!!

I sort of lost you there for a second.  Things here at Spring Break Central have not exactly gone as planned and I didn't make it to the blog for a few days.  However, I think I can manage a Wednesday Night Bullet Post if I pace myself.  Let's see what's been going on with Sheepie this week:

*You can always tell how poorly a school year is going by how sickly you get during vacations.


*It's like you save it up or something...


*My current situation would indicate that this has been a very "trying" academic year.


*Yesterday can be summed up by the following mental exchange.


*I went through this several times throughout the day.


*It started with:  Gosh.  This fever is giving me boo-boo belly.  I should take something for that.  But...


*I have boo-boo belly and can't keep the fever reducers down.  Why don't I just take some tummy medicine?  That's a great idea.  But...


*I still have the fever which gives me boo-boo belly so I can't keep the tummy medicine down either.


*.....


*?????


*I AM RUNNING OUT OF OPTIONS HERE!!!!!


*Today has been a little bit better.  Random fevers as opposed to constant ones.


*I am currently radiating just under 100 degrees.


*Not getting much done around here.


*Can't even knit.


*I had trouble operating an ice cube tray at one point.


*A while back, I loaded up the e-reader in anticipation of my glorious spring break.


*Determined to finish the Nightside Series.


*Started with Something from the Nightside (Nightside, Book 1) a while back.


*Decided I wanted more.


*Now I'm up to Hell to Pay (Nightside, Book 7)


*Thinking I'm finally going to get around to Storm Front (The Dresden Files, Book 1) next.


*I can read this week.  That is working out OK.


*Dr. Mel sent me a nice get well e-card yesterday.


*Thank you Dr. Mel!


*The Absurdly Gi-normous Kitty is not amused by this current situation.


*He thought it was kind of fascinating at first, but got bored quickly.


*He thinks I have a furball.  And that I'm being overly dramatic about it.


*I have to be better tomorrow.  


*I'm down to the expired ibuprofen.  I need to go get fresh supplies if I am going to be the Spring Break Flu Queen.


*This isn't going to be anything the college kids get into, methinks...


I'm going to sign off now and have a bit of a lie down.  The world is starting to get a little bit fuzzy and not in the good way.  As bad as I am now, though, it is nothing compared to yesterday so I think I am on the road to recovery.  And if I'm not, then I don't want to know about it.

SA

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! Hope you feel better pronto.

Julia G said...

Get well wishes coming your way! I recommend lolling on the couch, sipping ginger ale and moaning piteously. And mindless television (which may be redundant).

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are ill. I wish it were as simple as a fur ball. The thought of cleaning cupboards can make me feel ill, so perhaps I ought not try actually cleaning cupboards. I am glad you are on the mend.

Leah

Lynne said...

I really don't understand why we great educators only get sick in break times! It's not fair!

Get well soon.

sheep#100 said...

Do I see the phrase Monkey Pox in your future??

Feel better, Sheepie!

FiveAcres said...

Get well quickly.

knitseashore said...

I think all that canning wore you out! Julia is right...lots of lolling on the couch and ginger ale. At least you can read when you are sick. When I'm too sick to read, then I just get even crankier!!

Feel better soon.

catsmum said...

aww poor Sheepie - get well quick so you can enjoy the Jim Butchers - so much better than the tv series.

Donna Lee said...

Getting sick during spring break is just sucky. I hope by now the fever has broken and you get one or two days of rest and recuperation time.

We are seeing a resugrence of the dreaded h1n1 here. Like it wasn't enough the first time.

Cursing Mama said...

I seem to remember a boo boo tummy illness during spring break once...but there was no fever. It was AWFUL! Hit every single day, but I was usually well enough by dinner to go out for drinks.

I do hope you feel better soon!

Kath said...

Poor Sheep, it's really very unfair! Hope you're feeling better today and can have at least one or two decent days!

=Tamar said...

Ditto the moaning. It actually helps. Take care of yourself.

Karen said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better.

Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're spending your spring break sick! That's not fair at all -- I think you should call for a redo (especially if it means you get to read the Dresden Files -- we love the Harry Dresden). Feel better soon :)

April said...

Dude, you need a spring break do-over. It's only fair. I'll send you a rat, that will make you feel better. After all, I currently have 16 for you to choose from so it's not like I'd miss it.

My verification word is "Halicoit". That may be what you have.