Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WNBP: Not December.

Seriously, you guys.  This isn't funny.  I mean it.  If you return it, I won't get mad.  I just want it back, is all.

Although, I don't think anyone would blame me for being upset about the theft of November.  And half of October.  Frankly, it was kind of cheeky of someone to up and steal all that from me when I wasn't looking.

I'll just be over here doing my Wednesday Night Bullet Post and when I get back, I fully expect that the lost time will have been put right back where I left it.


*Hey, here's some big news!


*I knit something.


*Try to not fall over in a faint or anything.


*I haven't knit anything in a while.  I wasn't planning to, if the truth be told.


*But then someone mentioned to me how they would really like some new dishcloths for Christmas this year and I decided to just do it.


*I did not take a picture of the dishcloth because it is a gift and we all know the rules that bind us in that area.


*But I did knit something and if our relationship hasn't progressed to the point where we can trust each other on that kind of thing then there isn't much hope for us, is there?


*Now I'm knitting another one.  This could be the beginning of a whole knitting resurgence and a justification of my blog title!!!


*Or it's just a couple of dishcloths and I'm putting way more pressure on them than they deserve...


*I am not finished with my Christmas shopping.


*I have barely started my Christmas shopping.


*It is still mid-October by my internal clock so I can't see why everyone is getting all stressed about a holiday that is still waaaaay far away.


*The leftover turkey I have been eating for almost a week now means nothing.


*Don't try to tell me it's December.


*It's been 65 degrees here in the wilds of Maine.


*We had a snowstorm in October and now I'm basking in the glow of an early spring.


*Best Student Line Of The Week (courtesy of The Siren):

"Today has been a very long week."

*The fact that she did not mean to say exactly that only made it funnier to me.


*I have taken the phrase as my own and announced my intention to make t-shirts.


*I'll be a ga-jillionare before you know it and napping comfortably on a pile of money.


*My feet hurt.  My feet hurt a lot lately.


*No real story there.  Just thought you'd want to know how things were going foot-wise.


*It's an ongoing drama with the feet here...


*Today, my wrists decided to join the party.  Soon I might be able to complain about that, too.


*Most ridiculous question asked of me this week by a student:

"Which do you like better?  Cannoli or cherry cookies?"

*I'm sorry?  Have we met?  I think we all know the answer to that.


*I like both better.


*Especially when I know that this is a Teacher Christmas Present Related Query.


*If pushed on the subject and forced into choosing, I am leaning towards the cannoli.


*But I really do hate to discriminate against any baked good.


*The Absurdly Gi-normous Kitty is pretending it's December and cuddled up to me like a good kitty does in the winter.


*The Very Complicated Kitty is eating a plastic coat hanger.


*Yes.  I realize that he shouldn't do that, but I've tried taking it away and he isn't really "open" to that at the moment.


*I've been listening to a couple of audio books in the car lately.


*The Lost Gate (Mithermages) is really quite good.


*And, after taking a break from this series for a while, I decided it was time to give Side Jobs: Stories from the Dresden Files a try.


*I had to stop reading these because Harry Dresden brings out my maternal side and, let's face it.  No one wants that.


*I'm probably not the best person to try and re-parent this poor guy...


*Now, however, I think I am ready to catch up with the series.


*In actual "word-based" reading, I finished The Grimrose Path (Trickster, Book 2)


*Delightful!!!


*There are no new offerings in this series.


*So I found something else. And I should be very up front about this book.


*It has magical powers. That or the government really doesn't want you to read it.


*While I'm engaged in it, I love it. I am engrossed. I chuckle sometimes, even snort a little bit. I've been known to gasp once or twice when some truly shocking thing happens.


*Then, when I'm done, I can't remember a thing I've read. Not even the title.


*Which made telling the Cheerful Teaching Assistant about it very tricky today...


*If you want to try it, I'd be curious to see if it works the same way for you.


*Wait a minute...I need to get my reader. I don't remember what it's called. Hold on.


*OK. Got it. It's The Atrocity Archives.


*I am pretty sure I like it, but who knows?  Maybe it is a government plot to make me think I like it while it erases my frontal lobe.


*Although why the government has such a marked dislike of my frontal lobe, I know not.


*This could also help to explain my having misplaced many, many weeks and thinking that it isn't really the day before December.


*But I still think someone took my days or that it's some sort of government plot...


I think I'm going to call it a night.  I hear tell we might have some chilly weather moving in now that it is possibly early autumn (or spring...maybe winter...who knows?)  I should really be wandering about the manse and looking for any open windows.  If it does actually dip into the low 30's, I might wish I'd done that.  I don't want to get sick, after all.

It might be almost December, and I might need to do some shopping or knit something else at some point...

SA

6 comments:

Teri S. said...

Christmas shopping? What Christmas shopping?

Donna Lee said...

Christmas is still far in the distance. We have lots of time.

I read the Dresden book. It was a good one. I loved the series and wished they'd done more than one short season.

Leslie said...

Ugh--Christmas. :o(

I always get the best book recommendations from you! I think we might have fairly similar tastes.

sheep#100 said...

It can't be Christmas yet: I still have finals to write!

Go Team Dresden

kmkat said...

Christmas? #2 Son and fiance are hosting it this year, that means I don't have to do a thing. Right? No shopping, no crafting, no decorating. Well, I have the last one covered -- tree is still up from last year. Srsly.

Julia G said...

I have to go with the cannoli too, although the cherry cookies are very tempting. The kids and I always bake cookies for teacher gifts - I figure they probably have enough tchotchkes, and chocolate crinkles and jelly thumbprint cookies will melt the steeliest pedagogue's heart :-D